We’re heading up to South West Rocks for a week of spectacular diving at one of Australia’s top 5 dive sites, the legendary Fish Rock! This is a Drive and Dive trip, so we’re hitting the open road in a 12 seater van with excellent company, great music and good vibes all the way!
Temperate and tropical waters come together at Fish Rock to create one of the most unique and exciting diving experiences. The unique topography combined with the mixed waters result in a veritable explosion of marine life! From Giant Queensland Gropers, turtles, huge Wobbegong Sharks and the world famous Grey Nurse Sharks to Giant Cuttlefish and schools of Black Cod, the variety and abundance of species is simply staggering.
Fish Rock is an important breeding area for Grey Nurse Sharks which can be seen here all year round. These fascinating sharks are incredibly docile and will often allow you to get quite close for that special moment or perfect shot. While these sharks can grow to over 3m in length, their calm demeanour and easy temperament make them the ideal species to dive with. They feed mainly on fish, squid and crustaceans and do not pose a threat to humans.
Fish Rock is also well known for having the only true ocean cave dive in Australia. The cave cuts straight through Fish Rock for about 125m and the crystal clear water is absolutely packed with life. It even includes a bubble cave where you can come up and talk to your buddy while still being more than 5m underwater!
Our hosts for this trip will be South West Rocks Dive Centre. They have been diving these waters for more than 40 years and have been featured on a number of documentaries, so there is no one better to explore this location with!
- Transport: This is a Drive and Dive trip. We will drive there and back in a 12 seater van over two days each way.
- Two nights accommodation in Wagga Wagga on the way there and back. Shared double rooms.
- Five nights accommodation at South West Dive Centre. Shared, bunk style accommodation included.
- Upgrade to a Private Room for 2 people at just $20 per person per night.
- Upgrade to a Private Room for 1 person at just $40 per person per night.
- Pre-dive breakfast at South West Rocks.
- 8 Dives.
- Free Nitrox.
- Single tanks and weights.
- Diving Adelaide tour guide.
- Discount on Nitrox certification if you do not already have one.
- Travel and dive insurance.
- Meals, snacks and drinks.
- DAN diver insurance
- Advanced Open Water Certification
- EANx/Nitrox certification
- What happens if I need to cancel because of COVID-19? The following cancellation policy applies to all cancellations including any cancellations due to COVID-19:
20% Cancellation Fee if cancelled more than 7 days before the trip
50% Cancellation Fee if cancelled less than 7 days before the trip
100% Cancellation Fee if cancelled less than 2 days before the trip
- What happens if Diving Adelaide has to cancel the trip? In the unlikely event that we need to cancel the trip due to bad weather etc., you have the option to either reschedule your booking to the next date provided or to cancel your booking for a full refund.