The Emergency First Response (EFR) Primary and Secondary Care course is a PADI affiliated course that teaches you what to do in the moments between when a serious or life threatening situation occurs and when emergency medical services arrive on the scene. More than just a traditional first aid course, this course focusses on helping both divers and non-divers advance their knowledge in critical lifesaving skills.
Completing this course will earn you the international recognised EFR certification and gets you one step closer to become a certified PADI Rescue Diver. The course covers all the essential knowledge and skills that you need to master to become a competent and confident PADI Rescue Diver.
The EFR course will teach you to be prepared for any emergency from performing CPR and basic first aid to responding to a variety of illnesses and injuries, assisting someone who is chocking, handling potential spinal injuries and applying bandages and splints. You will get hands on practice with a CPR mannequin, simulate bandaging, role play emergency scenarios and practice a host of other skills.
We provide you with the opportunity to practice each skill until you feel comfortable and confident in a relaxed, educational and, most importantly, fun environment!
So come and join us and start your EFR course now!
Why choose Diving Adelaide to do your EFR Course?
This is a question we get asked a lot by people who want to take the plunge with us, so we decided to put a short list of the main reasons on our website. This is just the short list, if you would like the longer version, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an e-mail!
Small Group Sizes (2-6 Students): Group sizes of just 2-6 students give you the best opportunity to learn, that’s why all our courses guarantee that you will receive as much personal attention as possible.
Genuine PADI Certification only: PADI is the worldwide leader in underwater training, so you know that you’re getting a certification that is recognised all over the world.
Individualised training: We can cover more information based on your future goals.
Fun and Passionate Dive Team: Our team is friendly, fun and always willing to help but most importantly they are well trained, professional and passionate about what they do.
Lowest Gear Prices: On most of the gear we sell we are either the cheapest in the world or the cheapest in Australia. It’s simple; we just cannot be beaten on price!
Standard Course Schedule
The Emergency First Response® Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) course combines the convenience and flexibility of eLearning online with the personalized experience that in-person training offers.
This is a short overview of the retreat schedule:
Home study (5 – 6 hours): EFR eLearning
Wednesday 6:00PM to 10:00PM: Theory and practical session at the Diving Adelaide shop in Marleston.
What you need to know before you start the course:
- The home theory portion of the course will take about 6 hours to complete so make sure you allow yourself enough time to work through it all.
- Anyone and everyone are welcome to enrol in Emergency First Response courses! The only requirement is desire to learn and care for others!
- There is no minimum age or medical fitness requirement.
Emergency First Response Course Overview:
The EFR Course focusses on 5 main elements:
- CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- Preventing shock and caring for someone in shock
- Potential spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid including illness & injury assessment, bandaging, management of fractures & dislocations, and first aid kit considerations.
Start right now! Subscribe for e-Learning!
Where some dive schools still choose to teach the theory side of the learn to dive course in a traditional classroom setting, Diving Adelaide has chosen for the faster, cost-effective way of teaching the theory via online training. To us, the advantages of e-learning are clear:
E-learning provides a single experience that accomodates the three disctinct styles of auditory learners, visual learners and kinesthetic learners, allowing for more efficient training.
E-learning is self-paced. Advanced learners are allowed to speed through the theory, while others slow their own progress through content, eliminating frustration with themselves, their fellow learners and the course.
E-learning has on-demand availability, which allows the student to complete the training conveniently at off-hours or from home (as a student you can log on and off to do parts of the theory as many times as you want) and doesn’t require the student to travel to training location.
E-Learning reduces the learning time on average by 40 to 60 percent, which means the overall time that you will be spending on the theory will most likely be only half of the time you would have spent in a classroom setting.
Come and join a small group of likeminded individuals and make buddies for life!
Frequently Asked Questions
(click for answers)
The EFR Course provides you with all the necessary skills, knowledge and certification required to start your PADI Rescue or Divemaster certifications.
”Can I reschedule the course if I get sick (including COVID-19), cannot complete the online training in time, need to isolate or for any other reason? “
You can reschedule at any time before or during the course. For each rescheduled participant, we will charge a rescheduling fee of $49 to cover our overheads. As soon as a course spot is booked, we block a spot on the course and book the instructor in for the course. Unfortunately we have to charge the rescheduling fee because of these costs and the fact that you are blocking a spot that in most cases will not be filled by someone else.
Yes, the minimum number of participants for us to run a course is two. About 95% of our courses run as planned, as apart from the occasional midweek course in the middle of Winter, it hardly ever happens that we don’t get two bookings on a course.
If we have to cancel a course because of lack of interest, you have the option to reschedule (free of charge of course) or get a full refund of your course fees.
Booking Terms & Conditions
(click to view)
No shows, cancellations and transfers
- If you cancel your course on or within 7 days of the start date of the course, no refund will be given.
- If you cancel your course 7+ days before the start date, a cancellation fee of $79 will apply and the PADI eLearning portion of the course will be non-refundable.
- If you fail to attend your course without notification, no refund will be given.
- You may reschedule your course before the course starts at any time and for any reason (including sickness, not completing eLearning in time, COVID-19 related issues such as isolation, etc). A $49 rescheduling fee will apply.
- All instructions are provided in English only. You are required to be proficient in English. Other students cannot translate on behalf of your instructor. No translation services can be used.
- If you fail to complete the course during the scheduled times, a $49 rescheduling fee will be payable to complete the course at a later date.
- Failure to adhere to all of the pre-course requirements found on the course overview page (including completion of any online training) will result in cancellation of the course. No refund will be given and rebooking will be at full cost.
- Courses must be completed within 180 days of the original start date.
- Under 18’s must have a parental waiver signed by parent/guardian on or before the start day of the course.
- All fees are per person.