PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Course
Are you just like us in that a dive can never be long enough? No decompression limits seem to always limit your dives and you just want that extra bit of time to photograph that nudibranch or explore that other part of a shipwreck? Then the Enriched Air Nitrox (EanX) Diver Course is the course for you! Start your Nitrox diving adventures today with the friendly and professional PADI diving instructors of Diving Adelaide!
- $139 – Standard Course Price
- $119 – Bring 1 friend – SAVE $20 per person!
- $109 – Bring 2 friends – SAVE $30 per person!
- $99 – Bring 3 friends – SAVE $40 per person!
The Diving Adelaide Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Course will prepare you to safely and confidently dive on enriched air (up to 40%) and it will teach you how to take full advantage of the many advantages that diving on Nitrox has to offer! You will learn important things about diving on enriched gas mixes, such as the facts that mixes with a higher oxygen percentage get toxic at certain depths and that because there is less nitrogen in your mix, your body absorbs less nitrogen and your no decompression limits increase! Scary terms like CNS Convulsion and PPO2 will be explained, so you will get a good understanding of how to make longer dives or dive safer on enriched air!
The Enriched Air Diver Course schedule is very short:
Home study (1 – 2 hrs): You can pick up your manual from the store the weekend before the course, which takes you about 1 – 2 hours to go through.
Thursday evening 6:00PM – 9:00PM: Theory night + practical (gas analysing plus a look at a nitrox filling station)
What you need to know before you start the course:
- To participate in this course, you have to complete 1 to 2 hours of home study
- You have to be certified as an Open Water Diver or above to participate in this course
- This is a “theory only” course, there are no dives involved in the course
- Make sure you have eaten something before you attend the theory night, as the theory session will most likely take about 2½ – 3½ hours (depending on number of students)
- A minimum age of 12 years applies. Every student under the age of 18 needs to have a parent or a guardian sign a consent form (available from the dive centre).
Also please make sure that you schedule enough time to complete your home study, as it takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete. The theory night includes an exam, which will be easy to pass after going through the theory.
Thursday night 6:00 – 9:00PM: Time to dive into the theory together and explore the many advantages of diving on Enriched Air Nitrox (EanX)
Now that you have completed your home study, we will have a look at the theory together. We will fill out the necessary paperwork, the theory will be explained and we will have a look at some enriched air cylinders that we will analyse to check the oxygen percentage of the enriched air in the cylinders.
Things to bring:
- Your PADI enriched air nitrox manual. Please read the manual beforehand and fill out the knowledge review questions.
- Optional: Your dive computer. If you have a dive computer, please bring it on the night. If you’re not sure how to set it to nitrox, please also bring (or download) the manual, so we can help you to use it with nitrox.
- A full stomach and something to drink. As the evening can run until about 9:00PM, make sure that you have eaten something and bring a bottle of water or something else to drink.