A Buoyancy Clinic is the best way for you to learn and practice the more technical “soft skills” of diving that make a huge difference to your comfort and confidence in the water and helps you to enjoy all the rest of your dives so much more! This clinic focusses on really mastering the core skills that all great divers use to become and stay in complete control underwater.
You will learn the tips and tricks that we have learned, over years of diving and teaching, so you can look and feel like a Dive Pro underwater!
Why choose Diving Adelaide to continue your Scuba Diving adventures?
This is a question we get asked a lot by people who want to take the plunge with us, so we decided to put a short list of the main reasons on our website. This is just the short list, if you would like the longer version, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an e-mail!
Expert Instructors: Our Instructor Specific Specialities are one of a kind and are led by instructors who are experts in and passionate about their specific disciplines.
Small Group Sizes (3-6 Students): Group sizes of just 3-6 students give you the best opportunity to learn, that’s why all our courses guarantee that you will receive as much personal attention as possible.
Individualised training: We tailor our training to suit the individual needs and abilities of each diver so you can be sure to reach our own specific objectives.
Fun and Passionate Dive Team: Our team is friendly, fun and always willing to help but most importantly they are well trained, professional and passionate about what they do.
Lowest Gear Prices: On most of the gear we sell we are either the cheapest in the world or the cheapest in Australia. It’s simple; we just cannot be beaten on price!
Schedule: Saturday 9:00AM – 4:00PM: Theory + Dives 1 & 2
We always try to do these clinics over dodge tide so that we can do the hovers and trim checks without being influenced by currents. That means that the course dates and times can vary to provide you with the best opportunity to learn.
With that in mind, we usually run these clinics as a double dive at Port Noarlunga on either a Saturday or a Sunday, once a month. Please click on the “Book Online Now” button below to view our available dates and times.
What you need to know before you start the course:
- You have to have an existing Open Water Certification or higher to be able to participate in this clinic.
- While we do recommend that you use as much as possible of your own gear to get the full value of the weighting and trim exercises, we do have rental gear available for you to use on the course which you can add on to your booking.
- All tanks and weights are included in the course price, so you do not need to rent them.
- If you have your own tanks and would like to use them, we will provide a free air fill after the course.
- You will also need to complete a short medical questionnaire to determine if there are any specific health risks that may exclude you from participating in the course.
- A minimum age of 12 years old applies to this course.
Buoyancy Clinic Overview:
In the Buoyancy Clinic we will cover the following:
- Proper weighting
- Descending and ascending techniques
- Proper trim underwater and how different equipment influences your trim
- Breathing techniques for better buoyancy control
- How to improve your air consumption
- Advanced finning techniques
- Easy exercises for you to practice on your next dives
What you will need to bring:
The following scuba diving equipment is required for the course:
- Wetsuit (7mm standard).
- Proper fitting mask and snorkel.
If you do not have the above equipment, we have some gear available for rental! Alternatively, come and see us in our new Adelaide megastore at 21 Grove Avenue, Marleston or check out our online store: Online Dive Gear for the best prices in Australia!
Limited hire gear is available, so please let us know well in advance if you would need to hire any or all of the above.
Come and join a small group of likeminded individuals on an unforgettable day and make buddies for life!
Frequently Asked Questions
(click for answers)
You don’t have to be superfit to do the course, but at least an average fitness level is recommended. Almost anybody can scuba dive, but the fitter you are, the easier it will be. Being comfortable in the water will go a long way too!
Any dive centre around the world will recognise your PADI certification card and will allow you to dive with them. PADI is the largest certification agency in the world with more than 6000 dive centres. Even if you dive with a non-PADI dive centre, they will still recognise your certification.
”Can I reschedule the course if I get sick (including COVID-19), cannot complete the online training in time, need to isolate or for any other reason? “
You can reschedule at any time before or during the course. For each rescheduled participant that reschedules less than 14 days before the course, we will charge a rescheduling fee of $49 to cover our overhead costs . As soon as a course spot is booked, we block a spot on the course and book the instructor in for the course. Unfortunately we have to charge the rescheduling fee because of these costs and the fact that you are blocking a spot that in most cases will not be filled by someone else.
The main reason we do the in water training in Mt Gambier is that the weather won’t stop us from diving! Even if it rains and the wind blows, we can still dive the sinkholes and the conditions will still be great!
Yes, the minimum number of participants for us to run a course is two. About 95% of our courses run as planned, as apart from the occasional midweek course in the middle of Winter, it hardly ever happens that we don’t get two bookings on a course.
If we have to cancel a course because of lack of interest, you have the option to reschedule (free of charge of course) or get a full refund of your course fees.
Yes, we don’t provide rental gear on these courses other than tanks and weights. You can add rental gear on to your booking when you book online or in store. Please note that we need your gear sizes at least 5 days before the course to ensure that the correct sizes will be available on the day.
Booking Terms & Conditions
(click to view)
No shows, cancellations and transfers
- If you cancel your course on or within 7 days of the start date of the course, no refund will be given.
- If you cancel your course 7+ days before the start date, a cancellation fee of $49 will apply and the PADI eLearning portion of the course will be non-refundable.
- If you fail to attend your course without notification, no refund will be given.
- You may reschedule your course before the course starts at any time and for any reason (including sickness, COVID-19 related issues such as isolation, etc). A $49 rescheduling fee will apply.
- If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions on the dive medical questionnaire, clearance to dive by a SPUMS dive doctor will have to be provided at the start of the course (stating you are fit to dive unconditionally). Failure to do so will result in a $49 rescheduling fee.
- You may transfer the course to someone else at no charge before the start of the course.
- All instructions are provided in English only. You are required to be proficient in English. Other students cannot translate on behalf of your instructor. No translation services can be used.
- Courses must be completed within 180 days of the original start date.
- Under 18’s must have a parental waiver signed by parent/guardian on or before the start day of the course.
- All fees are per person.